National University of Science and Technology NUST, Islambad is Pakistan’s top Engineering universities. In fact it is the Best Universities in Pakistan. Normally more than 60 Thousand students apply for admission at NUST every year. Candidates must clear NUST Entry Test NET – to get admission into the university.
Students have choice to select the entry test mood in which they feel comfortable and the modes are
- Computerized Based Entrance Test held at Islamabad Campus only
- Paper Based Entrance Test held at Karachi and Quetta centers
NUST Entry Test NET 2018 Registration Schedule and dates
NET Series 1 admission 2018:
- Online Registration: 01-30 November 2017
- Test Schedule: 02-14 December 2017
NET Series 2 Schedule for admission 2018
- Online Registration 12 Feb to 15 March 2018
- Test Schedule 27 March 2018 onwards
NET Series 3 schedule admission 2018
- Online Registration 28 May to 30 June 2018
- Test Schedule 03 July 2018 onwards
NET 2018 Details:
- Candidates can appear in entry test more than once with the best score considered for the admission. However, in any one series only one attempt is allowed for a particular discipline.
- NET is compiled from text books prescribed for HSSC courses. Candidates preparing for NET are advised to consult all relavent text books of various boards of education.
- NET is conducted at three locations, that is Islamabad (NUST Campus), Karachi and Quetta.
- At Islamabad the Test is conducted in computer-based format. In Karachi and Quetta it is in paper-based format conducted in April & July.
Eligibility Criteria of NUST NET:
- Minimum 60% marks each in Matric and HSSC / equivalent exams.
- Candidates of FA/FSc stream can apply for NET on the basis of FA/FSc Part-I but confirmation of admission is subject to provision of FA/FSc certificate or Detailed Marks Certificate.
- Candidates of O/A Level or equivalent qualification can apply on the basis of O Level (SSC) equivalence certificate obtained from Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) office but confirmation of their admission is subject to provision of A Level (HSSC) equivalence certificate.
- Merit for Applied Biosciences programme will be based on complete FSc / A Level or equivalent qualification (as per IBCC Equivalence Certificate) result.
NET NUST Engineering Test Pattern:
- Mathematics 40% ( 80 mcqs )
- Physics 30% ( 60 mcqs )
- Chemistry 15% ( 30 mcqs )
- English 10% ( 20 mcqs )
- Intelligence 5% ( 10 mcqs )
Total MCQs = 200
Time allotted = 3 hours.
Merit Formula of NUST:
NUST Merit Formula for FSc students for admissions to Engineering programs is as follows:
- NUST Entry Test 75 %
- HSSC / A level / Equivalent / DAE or HSSC Part-I 15 %
- Matriculation / O Level 10 %