Pakistan Institute of Engineering and Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Islamabad conducts entry test for admissions to undergraduate programs BS Electrical Engineering and BS Mechanical Engineering every year in June/July. Admissions are announced in April every year. PIEAS is Pakistan’s number one engineering institution ranked by HEC therefore the number applicants exceeds 10,000 every year.
The following three undergraduate programs are being offered at PIEAS:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS Computer and Information Sciences
PIEAS Entry Test Pattern
PIEAS entry test has the following pattern:
- Physics 30 mcqs
- Mathematics 30 mcqs
- Chemistry 20 mcqs
- English 20 mcqs
Total MCQs = 100
Time allotted = 3 hours.
The test has negative marking. For each correct answer the score is ‘+3’ and for each wrong answer ‘-1’. Unanswered question are marked ‘0’.
Total time for test is 3 Hours. Calculator is also allowed in the test.
PIEAS Merit and Aggregate formula:
Merit Formula of PIEAS Admission is as follows:
- PIEAS Admission Test: 60%
- Matric: 15%
- FSc. (Part I) 25%
- O-level/ A-Level 40% of 0-Level equivalence from IBCC
PIEAS Merit Formula SAT Basis:
Admission on the basis of SAT scores:
- SAT II result of three subjects (Physics, Chemistry & Maths level II) •
- A minimum score of 2000 is required.
- The PIEAS institutional code to receive SAT scores is 7272.
PIEAS Eligibility Criteria for BS Engineering Programs
- At least 60% marks or equivalent in both Matriculation/O-level and Intermediate/A-level or equivalent examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects for admission to BS Engineering Programs
- Physics and Mathematics as major subjects for admission to BS Computer and Information Sciences.
- Candidates with pre medical background, who have taken additional paper of Mathematics, are also eligible to apply.
- Diploma of Associate Engineer (DAE) holders, are also eligible.
- Those waiting for their results may also apply. However, the intermediate/A-level or equivalent result with at least 60% marks or equivalent is required at the time of joining the BS program.
- Anyone having any of the following deficiencies is not eligible for admission at PIEAS:
- Having less than 60% marks in Matric or FSc or both.
- Failed/not appeared in any subject in FSc Part-I/II.
- Having less than 60% marks in O/A level as per equivalence certificate issued by IBCC.
How to Apply for PIEAS Entry Test
- Go to PIEAS Online Admission section
- Create an account and Login
- Fill in and submit online application form.
- Upload recent passport size color photograph.
- Upload academic documents (optional)
- Print Bank Challan.
- Make payment in Bank and Fill in paid bank challan details in your profile.
- Send required documents to Registrar office.
- Print Call Letter (which will be made available after verification of fee through bank).
- Appear for Test at the venue and date mentioned in your call letter.
- Merit List will be placed on PIEAS website within 3 weeks after test.
- Keep visiting your profile on our website for any update before and after Entry Test.