PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018 for students of less developed areas offering free education to the studnets of 114 districts all over Pakistan. The scheme covers the full academic expenses of the students of the respective regions enrolled in selected public sector universities.
Under PM Fee reimbursement scheme, following is covered:
- Tuition Fee
- Registration Fee
- Admission Fee
- Library charges (Non-refundable)
- Laboratory Charges
Eligibility Criteria for PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme 2018:
- Valid Domicile/ Local Certificate of the respective areas
- The students who are enrolled on merit in Masters, MS/MPhil programs in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions, located in the geographical territory of their province/Region/Area
- The students who are enrolled in PhD program in the HEC identified public sector universities/affiliated government institutions anywhere across Pakistan
- Students who are enrolled on self-finance basis or part time basis
- If Study period exceeds greater than approved duration under the Scheme, then the student expenditure will not be covered under the scheme
- Not availing any other scholarship under Provincial Government, Foreign donor or any other HEC Program (e.g. Indigenous Program, USAID scholarship etc.)
- Any Bachelors or four years Bachelors Program will not be considered. E.g. LLB, MBBS, B.E, BBA etc.
- The Scheme is only valid for the HEC recognized Public sector degree awarding institutions.
- Such Evening programs where fee structure is greater from the morning shift are excluded from the Scheme
- Such students who have financially benefitted under the Scheme at Masters/MPHIL/MS level and applied for same level Program again in different university
Approved Regions and Universities for PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme:
|Provinces||Districts (114)||Approved Universities for Masters, MS/M.Phil Students||Approved Universities for Ph.D students|
|Balochistan||Kalat,Mastung,Khuzdar,Awaran,Washuk, Kharan/Rakhshan , Lasbela ,Ketch , Gwadar, Punjgur , Nasirabad, Jaffarabad ,Jhal Magsi,Bolan ,Quetta Urban, Quetta Rural,Pishin , Killa Abdulla ,Killa Saifullah,Barkhan ,Musa Khel, Loralai, Sheerani ,Zhob ,Dera Bugti ,Kohlu , Ziarat, Harnai , Sibi ,Nushki ,Chagai(Dalbandin), Turbat||Public Sector Universities located in Balochistan Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Hunza–Nagar, Gilgit, Skardu, Ghanche, Ghizar, Diamir, Astore||Public Sector Universities located in Gilgit/ Baltistan Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Azad Jammu & Kashmir||Bhimber, Kotli, Mirpur, Muzaffarabad, Hattian, Neelam, Poonch, Haveli, Bagh, Sudhnoti, Refugees of Jammu & Kashmir||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Azad Jammu & Kashmir Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|FATA||Bajaur, Khyber ,Kurram, South Waziristan, North Waziristan, Mohmand, Orakzai
Frontier Regions (Peshawar , Kohat, Bannu, Lakki , D.I. Khan, Tank)
|Public Sector Universities of Khyber PakhtunKhwa only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Interior Sindh||Thatta, Badin, Tharparkar, Umerkot, Mirpur Khas, Tando Allahyar, Naushahro Feroze, Tando Muhammad Khan, Sanghar, Khairpur, Benazirabad/NawabShah, Dadu, Qambar Shahdadkot, Larkana, Matiari, Ghotki, Shikarpur, Jacobabad, Sukkur, Kashmore, Jamshoro||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Interior Sindh Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|South Punjab||Bahawalpur, Rahim Yar Khan, Bahwal Nagar, Multan, Lodhran, Khanewal, Vehari, Dera Ghazi Khan, Muzaffar Garh, Rajan Pur, Layyah||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in South Punjab Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Chitral, Lower Dir, Upper Dir, Swat, Buner, Shangla, Malakand, Kohistan, D.I.Khan, Tank, Lakki Marwat, Batgram, Kala Dhaka/Torghar, Kohat, Bannu, Hangu, Karak||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Khyber PakhtunKhwa Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Punjab||Attock||Public Sector Universities and Post Graduate Colleges located in Attock Only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
|Khushab, Mianwali and Bhakkar||University of Sargodha and University of Education and their campuses and Post Graduate Colleges located in Khushab, Mianwali and Bhakkar only||All Public Sector Universities across the Country|
How to Apply for PM Fee Reimbursement Scheme
- Students who are newly admitted in Public Sector University in Spring/Fall Session (depending upon the university’s admission cycle) are required to apply through online student web portal system i.e. http://pmfrs.hec.gov.pk/by the given deadline of HEC
- Newly registered are not required to validate their records.
- The focal person of the university will approve/disapprove ‘Newly Registered’ students by the given deadline of HEC.
- HEC, office will scrutinize the data and look for any discrepancies and ineligible students.
- HEC will ensure payments to the students according to fee structure of the universities and approved heads of the Scheme
- Only approved students meeting the eligibility criteria of the Scheme will receive payment.
- Cheques are issued in the name of VC of respective universities/ financial aid offices. The universities are responsible for the disbursement of cheques to students.
- The process of disbursement is ensured through help desk portal where universities assign assets through helpdesk system.
- Subsequent payments are processed on receipt of satisfactory Fund utilization report from universities.